The Vallejo Police Department is currently updating our Code Enforcement Division webpage. For complete access to all Code Enforcement related matters including reporting a violation, paying violations online or viewing case information via eTRAKiTand accessing forms, applications and other documents, please click here. To access frequently asked questions, please click here(Please note  that the listed area in green on the City website are active hyperlinks with additional information.)


section of the Vallejo Police Department works with and helps empower the citizens of Vallejo to create, promote and maintain safe, attractive and high-quality living and working environments.  Our purpose is to help improve our neighborhoods and economic conditions so that the City of Vallejo is known as a good place to live, raise families, work and retire in.   

We are responsible for the enforcement of the following ordinances in the Vallejo Municipal Code:      
Property Maintenance Ordinance 
Vacant Building Ordinance (Residential Property Registration)
Vehicle Abatement Ordinance (on PRIVATE property)
Abandoned Shopping Cart Prevention Ordinance   


Each year, the Code Enforcement Division responds to thousands of complaints pertaining to property maintenance and other related violations.  In most cases, investigations of code violations happen due to proactive code enforcement inspections or citizen complaints. 

The types of violations that are typically inspected and reported include:

  • Junk, trash & debris on private properties
  • Deteriorated exteriors such as roofs, fences, and sidings
  • Unsecured and abandoned swimming pools
  • Vehicles parked on lawns and unpaved surfaces, inoperable/unregistered vehicles parked on private property
  • Trash bins blocking the sidewalk, strewn in the yard, placed on the sidewalk/street or driveway, too early or left out after 8:00 p.m. on service day
  • Graffiti on private properties
  • Weeds & overgrown vegetation on developed properties
  • Vacant buildings
  • Abandoned shopping carts
  • Inhabited trailers on private properties (or trailers hooked up to a private property)
  • Illegal vehicle repair businesses

To view case information for a property, please click HERE.


TO MAKE A PAYMENT: If you received a Notice of Violation, Administrative Citation and/or invoice and would like to pay, please follow the instructions on the actual notice that you received.


You may make a payment via mail (check or money order), or pay in person at the Cashier's Office (located on the 1st floor of Vallejo City Hall, 555 Santa Clara Street, Vallejo, CA 94590). The cashier's office has a kiosk that accept credit card payments.You will need to bring the actual notice or citation with you as the Cashier's Office does not have access to our database to retrieve your documentation.

To appeal the Notice of Violation and/or Administrative Citation, please print out the "Appeal Hearing Application." Submit the completed application to our office via mail or in person (at 2 Florida Street) before the 30-day deadline on your notice/citation. If you cannot afford the appeal fee at this time, please also print out the "Appeals Hearing Advanced Fee Waiver" form and submit it along with the hearing application.


Click here to view current or past cases and pay your fines online:  https://vall-trk.aspgov.com/eTRAKiT/. If you are making a payment online, you will be required to  set up a user account and will need your Code Enforcement Case # to complete the transaction. 


Complaints which are not directly related to the ordinances that we enforce, can be reported to other City departments and county or state agencies.   

  • City of Vallejo Building Division - to report the following violations, call #(707) 648-4374
    • Occupancy without water & utilities
    • Construction work without a permit
  • City of Vallejo Fire Department - Fire Prevention Division: call #(707) 648-4021
    •  Weeds, overgrown vegetation, litter, or junk on private vacant lots -
  • City of Vallejo Planning Division - call #(707) 648-4326 to report:
    • Illegal business signs & operations, illegal unit and garage conversions and other possible zoning violations -
  • City of Vallejo Police Department Traffic Division's Abandoned Vehicle Hotline, phone #(707) 648-4682 or fill out the online form on the Vallejo Police Department webpage under "Online Services"
    • Abandoned/unregistered/inoperable vehicles on streets/alleys/PUBLIC property
  • City of Vallejo Public Works Department Maintenance Division - Report the following violations on public property via SeeClickFix.com or call (707) 648-5235:
    •  Trash found on streets/alleys/sidewalks/public property (if you have witnessed illegal dumping and can provide evidence, click on the "Illegal Dumping" link in the contacts section of this page to report to the Illegal Dumping Officer)
    • Graffiti on public property
  • Water conservation violations should be reported to the City of Vallejo Water Conservation Hotline (707) 648-4482: 
  • Solano County Environmental Health Division, phone #(707) 784-6765

    • Mold in a rental or other violations inside of structures